Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Purpose of Account Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, tenacious, self-motivated and capable team player, who has proven “Business to Business” experience. The Account Manager role resides within a dynamic and driven team; managing existing and developing new accounts, to support the continued growth of the business.
For this role there will be a specific focus towards International Distribution Accounts, therefore experience within this sector would be advantageous
Role and Responsibilities of Account Manager
• Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and managing quality of product and service delivery to a high standard
• Build customer relationships and manage accounts
• Respond to sales enquiries (email, phone and fax)
• Negotiate with customers
• Confirm sales orders
• Generate and qualify business, support creative preferences (developing products) and develop new areas of business
• Participate in trade shows, fairs and events.
Essential Skills of Account Manager
• Proven business to business experience within a creative realm, working directly with customers to understand individual expectations; with a background knowledge or an understanding of wholesale and retail sales techniques
• Ability to work collaboratively to meet customer expectations
• Good planning and time management
• Persuasiveness and amiability
• Adaptability, Resilience and tenacity
• Adaptable (good with change)
• Copes well under pressure
• Goal driven (Competitive)
• Highly organized, with strong time-management skills and a methodical way of thinking and working.
Preferred Skills of Account Manager
• This person could do very well if they are creative and have an eye for colour and design.
• The correct candidate will ideally be experienced in design and costing
• Strong IT capability - Excel/Word/Sage 50 (preferred)