Head of Financial Crime & Board Reporting Audit
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
You will join the Global Aviva Internal Audit function to be responsible for the audit of Regulatory, Conduct, Customer and Financial Crime Risk and also all Board Reporting on behalf of the Chief Audit Officer.
Under the mentorship of both the Director of Group Investigations and the Director of Performance and Quality (and working closely with the Chief Audit Officer and the Audit Leadership team) you will be an expert auditor and communicator who has in depth knowledge of the regulatory environment and regulatory, conduct and financial crime risks impacting Aviva.
You will also be part of the central operations of the function and will drive and lead on the continual evolution of all our reporting to the Board Committees.
You will be driving the evolution of the global regulatory risk expertise across the function and so you will be influencing and robustly challenging the most senior business partners across Audit globally.
What will the role involve?
* Engagement and oversight of audits within global audit teams to ensure customer, regulatory, conduct & financial crime risks are gathered in audit planning and execution.
* Review regulatory compliance focused audit reports to ensure impactful and clear reporting, appropriately robust action plans and identification of root causes where appropriate.
* Employ a top down and forward-looking approach to assessing the regulatory landscape to ensure that both existing and future compliance risks are captured and covered.
* Build expertise across audit teams to strengthen regulatory risk disciplines by working collaboratively on audits with a regulatory risk component and leading centres of excellence to up-skill virtual teams in regulatory, conduct & financial crime capability.
* Dedicated engagement with senior business management to ensure business developments and organisational change are appropriately factored into Internal Audit’s assessment of regulatory risk going forward.
* Engage with business as required on regulatory compliance projects and audit action plans to provide ongoing assessment of status to the Group Audit Committee on material compliance issues.
* Prepare, develop and innovate the reporting to the Board Committees including the quarterly and annual controls opinion, the audit plan and the functional report.
* Support the Chief Audit Officer and other teams on ad hoc projects or audits as required. Plan, prepare and assist in the External Quality Assessment reviews as required by IIA.
* Provide input to the development and innovation of the IA strategy and overall approach through insights gained through this role.
What knowledge & experience are we looking for?
* Experienced Internal Audit professional with proven track record of delivering specialist regulatory, conduct and financial crime focused audits and assurance activities.
* Deep and broad knowledge of the current regulatory environment and framework, and how this impacts the regulatory, conduct and financial crime risk profile of Aviva, and the appropriate audit coverage.
* Track record of effective delivery in a matrix team structure.
* Track record of maintaining technical knowledge through building strong external relationships with compliance and financial crime bodies across the industry.
* An ability to work collegiately and inspire change across multiple audit teams to up-skill and ensure ongoing coverage of Regulatory, Conduct and Financial Crime risks.
* Track record in the delivery of impactful and creative audit reporting mechanisms.
* Strong communication skills including ability to produce high quality written reports.
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You can download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure Aviva as a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme
£0 - £0 Annual
£500 - £550 Daily
£280 - £300 Daily
£35k - £37.5k Annual