RF / Microwave Engineer – Seeker Hardware
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Seekers team. The successful candidate will join our dynamic team to develop RF/microwave sub-systems, working as part of a fast paced programme to deliver new seeker products.
We are looking for an engineer with broad skills in RF/microwave design with experience of designing sub-units mixed with analogue/digital electronics, programmable devices and MMIC technologies. If you have the enthusiasm and determination to succeed then this could be the role for you.
- Design and develop RF/microwave circuits for use in multimode seeker applications.
- Perform development test and integration activities on circuits and sub-assemblies in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements.
- Produce and maintain test documentation associated with seeker hardware, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Oversee the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing.
- Perform technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues.
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker design, integration and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
What’s great about the team? - The successful candidate will be joining an established dynamic and focussed design team that have a range of skills and experience. The team also has some newer recruits that have integrated quickly within a supportive environment.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of seeker hardware solutions that meets the customer’s requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA and using various specialist suppliers.
What are we looking for? - Essential to be degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF, microwave or electronics.
- Desirable to have an education background including science subjects such as physics and ICT.
- Essential to be able to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader when required.
- Essential to have experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Desirable to have system requirements experience relating to hardware implementation including creating specifications for MMIC technologies to source from external suppliers.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£9.5 - £9.5 Hourly
£23k - £25k Annual
£30 - £30 Hourly
£25.5k - £39.5k Annual