Systems Engineer - Multimode Seeker
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an opportunity for a systems engineer to build experience in requirements management and systems architecture design. To support developing advanced seeker technologies for the next generation weapon system currently being designed to engage both maritime and land threats.
This is a role where good communication is vital for ensuring that the proposed seeker design options are correctly understood by the stakeholders. The role includes liaising with the expert technical advisors and ensuring that the seeker concepts are clearly defined and communicated.
Development and agreement of subsystem technical requirements for seekers, which exploit a range of sensor technologies comprising infrared / electro-optic (EO) sensor, active and passive radar sensor concepts and the integration of sensors within a missile seeker with infrared and radar.
The role includes:
- Development and agreement of subsystem technical requirements.
- Opportunity to work with world-class technical experts in the field of multi sensor missile seeker technology.
- Delivery of a coherent design comprising of a range of complex integrated subsystems.
- System design trades which address the impact of other missile subsystems on Seeker performance.
- Down-selection of technical options and conduct of supporting technical studies. Consideration of technical and business benefits of options elicited from various teams and disciplines.
- Management of seeker sensor systems requirements and trade-offs within the DOORS environment, in line with the higher level customer requirements.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be working on real product concepts making a direct contribution to MBDA’s overall business objectives.
- Multi Sensor seeker design is a key innovation for MBDA, which will introduce new challenges with great potential for career advancement.
- Concept Phase design work provides opportunity to experience and influence the early development of a long-term programme.
- You will be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative concepts for future seekers.
- In addition to your core skills, you will have the opportunity to gain experience in infrared and radar seeker technologies, system engineering design practices and project management.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of cross-functional working, seeker testing and trials.
- A mixture of formal courses and on the job training will be available to introduce new concepts and build on existing skills and experience.
What’s great about the team?
- The project is supplying seeker designs into a missile programme to tight deadlines.
- Seeker Systems Engineers provide the main technical focus for Seeker sub-system development and the interface with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- The design team have a proven track record in understanding and designing Seeker sub-systems to meet demanding customer needs and constantly develop new technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our products.
- We are a diverse-skilled group from graduates starting their career through to seasoned technical experts, all committed to making MBDA a success through effective team-working.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with the following skills and experience:
- Proficient technical abilities and interests.
- Able to bridge gaps across functional boundaries. Able to develop warm relationships across the wider teams.
- Awareness of requirements management principles.
- Awareness of sensors technologies and willingness to develop proficiency in both the RF/EO technical domain
- Radar/EO principles awareness
Desirable - Guidance, control and/or navigation background.
- Seeker background.
- Sensors background (electro-optic and/or radar).
- Experience of systems engineering tools such as DOORS, RTC, MATLAB, Rhapsody, SysML.
- Experience conducting technically challenging studies individually or part of a team.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders to coordinate a design.
- Awareness of terminal phase engagement chain issues.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance without restrictions.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence
£9.5 - £9.5 Hourly
£23k - £25k Annual
£30 - £30 Hourly
£25.5k - £39.5k Annual