Systems Engineer – Launcher Systems
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
An adaptable systems engineer is sought to develop launcher technology and equipment for integration with 4th and 5th generation fighter aircraft.
- Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) on launcher technology and equipment for aircraft integration projects.
- The opportunity to influence how this recently formed team grows and adapts to meet evolving project needs;
- The way in which we use MBSE and the way forward for launcher technology and equipment within the team and more widely within MBDA.
What’s in it for you?
- Experience gained rapidly over the full product lifecycle to meet immediate project needs.
- Training courses on MBSE, systems engineering and product technology - as required.
- On the job training within an existing team of specialists.
- Opportunities for progression, both in the short term and over a longer period, in technical and managerial directions.
- Chance to work at MBDA sites in the UK and Europe.
What’s great about the team?
- It is a specialist and forward-thinking team using MBSE to develop launcher technology and equipment for current projects and future reuse.
- It connects all parts of the wider project, from high-level platform-level needs to detail specification and verification at equipment-level.
It is a small team with
- Clear purpose;
- A collegiate and rewarding working environment
- A strong and cooperative team ethic;
- A commitment to quality;
- A willingness to embrace change and to challenge out-dated working practices;
- Value placed on diversity.
- A clear identity within the wider project;
What are we looking for?
- A professional, forward-thinking and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to make an impression within the wider MBDA engineering community.
- A willingness to share knowledge and to help others.
- A good systems engineering understanding.
- An engineering or related numerate degree.
- Avionics systems
- Electronics and embedded software
- MBSE using SysML, preferably using IBM Rhapsody
- Use of tools for requirements capture and control (e.g. DOORS) and for configuration management (e.g. RTC or Dimensions)
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£28k - £35.2k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual