Electro Optics Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen in a team of specialised EO professionals.
The EO Seekers and Sensors Group is responsible for the specification, assessment and delivery of a range of sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
- The successful applicant will work as part of a Project Team developing a complex weapon.
- In your primary role you will be working on systems studies relating to Electro-Optical Systems primarily in Infra-Red but with some knowledge of visible band Systems. Both EO concepts and design work will be undertaken.
- A keen and enthusiastic interest in technologies for future development and producing innovative solutions covering Passive, active and Low-Light technologies
- In addition to this primary role, a variety of other experiences are available, including;
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Providing technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
- Supporting trials in conjunction with suppliers and the customer
- Supporting the growth and improvement of existing and future test facilities
What’s in it for you?
- Varied work with a range of opportunities to support your professional development
- Support from a team with extensive experience of EO systems and subsystems and with access to testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions
- Development of EO skills with an opportunity to cultivate/improve knowledge of many applications of the discipline
- Collaborative international working
- Produce Novel Concepts
What’s great about the team?
- You will experience of a broad and varied work content, which is dynamically changing
- You will work in a highly skilled and experienced team covering fundamental technology development through to concepts and sub-system development.
- You will be in a team working at a level of theoretical modelling through to lab and field based testing
- Some travel is involved between MBDA sites, supplier and customer locations, and test sites.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience
- Ability to motivate yourself to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
- Detailed understanding of modelling techniques and their limitations.
- Understanding of EO radiation, propagation and detection principles
- Experience of technical management of subcontractors
- Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
- Flexible, “can do” attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own contribution, control your own timescale and be responsible for your own budget
- Practical EO system design experience using such tools as ZEMAX, Code V, MODTRAN
- Experience in 3D design tools (CAD)
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£55k - £65k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual
£18k - £18k Annual