Aircrew Operator Instructor / Advisor
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
A unique opportunity has arisen within Customer Support Services (CSS) UK which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of somebody with military operational experience from a system Operator perspective, covering Air (Fast Jet or Rotary), Naval and/or Land Domain(s). The successful applicant will be required to deliver operator focussed training to end users and act as an internal consultant to the wider Field Support and Training (FST) Team, providing ‘Operator’ perspective and insight.
What are we looking for?
- A Defence Instructor qualification with ‘Operator’ focus (QWI, QFI, QHI) able to deliver, or support delivery, of Training and Field Support to the highest quality, on time and on cost is essential.
- strong interpersonal skills with the ability to generate links across functional boundaries (engineering design, platform integration, simulation, modelling, Logistics) are essential to deliver the best use of ex-military operator experience across the business in support of wider business needs.
- The ability to influence weapon system design from early phases of the life cycle by clearly articulating complex operator insight issues into technical requirements is essential, enabling weapon system designers to clearly understand design requirements.
- Experience of development and delivery of training courses compliant with the UK MoD Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) with experience training delivery using a training simulation device is desirable.
- The ability to mentor other, more junior staff, as appropriate with a sound knowledge of the customer environment structure and processes.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the UK and overseas, including the Middle East.
What’s in it for you?
- This opportunity is a new, extremely influential and important job where the successful applicant has the freedom to influence the MBDA Operator Training Strategy.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Training and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with all air launched / naval teams thus offering plenty of variety.
- An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the MOD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- To ensure that MBDA weapon systems training delivered by CSS UK, is relevant, appropriate and focussed on customer needs by providing operator focussed advice on training course content and level of detail.
- Providing ‘Operator Focussed’ advice during the development of training media for course design and delivery i.e. defining the functionality and fidelity of weapon system simulation models and emulators for training delivery.
- Providing standardisation advice across Air, Land & Sea based weapon system projects to harmonise CSS UK approaches in development and delivery of ‘Operator Centric’ training wherever possible.
- Encouraging a consistent approach surrounding ‘Operator Centric’ activities between all parties involved in Training and Support Activities.
- Identifying future opportunities through maintaining an understanding of the breadth of activities and functions within Defence Training.
- Encourage better MBDA End User liaison through attendance at key military joint training events / community of interests and actively support the delivery of training packages to fit end user operator needs.
- Supporting future weapon system design activity through the provision of end-user perspectives in weapon system concept phases.
What’s great about the team?
- The Product Training Team is populated by a variety of experienced, technically capable engineers and Operators, many of whom served in the Armed Forces, at numerous locations in the UK and overseas.
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development and delivery of Product Training and Field Support.
- Exciting and challenging technology environment. Our team employs a diverse range of technologies in the development and delivery of training.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£16 - £18 Hourly
£45k - £60k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£206 - £206 Daily