IT Support Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Capita IT & Networks have a new role for an IT Support Engineer, to be based on site at a Local Education Academy in Leicester.
This role will provide 1st and 2nd line desktop and hardware support to Teachers, pupils and Education staff. We are looking for someone who has excellent customer facing skills as the role will be based on site and desk side rather than telephone based.
Key technical skills required include, windows (7 and 10) Active Directory, some server skills (ideally), any imaging devices, hardware, break fix, ideally some SCCM.
All candidates MUST be able to pass DBS Clearance
What you will do:
Providing technical support, 1st and 2nd line customer facing and remote support, being attentive to detail, friendly and reliable with good organisational skills. Can work under pressure to deliver an excellent level of service, with a proven track record in a management position within an onsite support environment.
The Onsite ICT technician will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of the following core tasks:
* Ensure all Onsite Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators are met
* Adoption of core ITIL disciplines: Incident, Problem and Change Management and be able to demonstrate their effectiveness through Key Performance Indicators.
* Maintain relationships with 3rd party suppliers working in collaboration with educational Facilities Management teams.
* Preventative maintenance of all contractual ICT Managed Service assets is performed and documented.
* ICT Asset Management – ensuring the movement of contractual ICT assets are controlled and centralised asset registers are updated accordingly, to include hot swap stock and spares control and replenishment.
Your experience will include:
* 2 Years + Onsite Support in an IT support role. (ideally within an education establishment)
* Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems including, Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 products.
* Commercial experience of Microsoft applications including Office 2010/2013/2016, Office 365 and SCCM/MDT. Backup Technologies (e.g Commvault).
* Detailed working knowledge of backup technologies and recovery processes
* An understanding of routing and network topologies
About Capita IT and Networking
Capita Networking Solutions are part of our IT and Networking business, and we specialise on connecting businesses worldwide. We’re the UK’s leading network integrator and joining us you’ll build, integrate and manage some of the most advanced networks and ISP services for our clients. We have an unparalleled track record in delivering and supporting complex connectivity requirements across Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wireless technologies, and we excel at delivering voice network services, unified communications and collaboration services.
Capita IT and Networking are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
£35k - £38k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£32.5k - £38.5k Annual