Head of Finance - J1834
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are currently working with an outstanding charity based in Bournemouth. An opportunity has arisen to join their hardworking, passionate and dynamic team as the Head of Finance.
The main purpose of the role:
To ensure effective management of the Charity’s finance function and associated activities and to provide robust financial management information for decision-making. Propose and implement financial process improvement and efficiency through reduction of waste and maximising technological advances.
* To provide high-quality financial support to managers and departments so that budgets are operated effectively.
* To provide an accurate and timely financial service including setting and monitoring of budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice and support to inform decision making at all levels.
* Develop and maintain a full asset register with a strategy that ensures the protection of Charity assets and Employees which meet statutory requirements.
* Assist the Finance Director in maintaining all insurance policies, liaising with broker/insurance Company at annual review and manage the claims process.
* In conjunction with Finance Director manage year-end production of statutory accounts and support documents for both internal and external audits, in accordance with Charities Act.
* Submit returns to Companies House and Charity Commission as required.
Sales and income management:
* Ensure that credit control is managed timely and accurately in line with charity processes. Ensure that debtors are effectively pursued, including; assistance with fee negotiation, resolution of queries and escalation of credit control action as necessary
* Maintain contracts with commissioners of services and ensure the accuracy of financial schedules within these
* Support the Fundraising Manager to administer arrangements in respect of Gift Aid consistent with statutory requirements.
* Ensure prompt banking of all funds received and undertake timely reconciliation of all bank accounts. Review and update electronic banking controls to adhere to delegation limits and bank recommendations.
Purchase Ledger and Procurement
* Ensure that supplier payment maximises Charity cash flow whilst maintaining relationships consistent with the Charity’s core values
Salaries and Wages
* Develop and maintain systems with service administrators/managers that ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and wages
* Maintain appropriate records and produce associated information as required for statutory & management purposes e.g. P45’s, P60’s, tax year-end, site reporting analysis
* Ensure finance policies and procedures are clearly documented, reviewed and adhered to across the Charity
* Provide training on financial matters for budget managers and other charity staff as necessary
* Be accountable for all pension planning, processes and implementation to meet all AW legal requirements.
Lead and Develop Finance
* Provide effective leadership to the team, ensuring that they are clear about expected standards of performance, motivated and developed to provide effective and efficient service.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Recognised financial professional qualification preferably CIMA but ACA or ACCA considered with relevant experience and skills
* Previous experience of effective management of the finance team preferred
* Ability to implement and strengthen internal controls.
* Knowledge of Charity legislation preferred
* Confident communicator with a wide range of people at all levels
* Ability to work on own initiative in a methodical approach.
* Committed, enthusiastic and able to use initiative to drive the business forward.
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request
£25k - £30k Annual