Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Financial Controller - About the Role
While technical abilities are obviously vital, the Financial Controller is expected to take a more proactive and strategic role in business planning.
As the Financial Controller you will:
* Developing and managing all financial systems/standards (Sage 200 and Egress) within the company.
* Analysing and investigating annual and monthly financial accounts for each department within the Company.
* Handling sales and purchase ledger from start to finish.
* Coordinate the annual audit and work collaboratively with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations.
* Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports.
* Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
* Overseeing and supporting the monthly payroll operations.
* Completing month end activity.
* Preparing reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements on a regular basis to the Directors and respective Banks.
* Monitoring and controlling cashflow and preparing cash flow reports.
* Liaising with managerial staff, colleagues, client appointees and external parties.
* Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
* Ensuring compliance of GDPR.
* Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
* Undertaking financial administration.
The successful Financial Controller will have:
* Ideally be a Qualified or part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant
* Previous experience of working in a small to medium sized business.
* Experience setting up financial systems, standards and processes.
* Provide responsible advice on financial efficiency
* Project Management
* Highly numerate with excellent accuracy and good attention to detail
* High level of systems/IT Literacy: Excel, Word, Power point
Financial Controller - Benefits
25 days holiday, free parking, friendly office, pension
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)