Production and Quality Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Would you like the opportunity to work in a new and challenging role that combines manufacturing, production and quality engineering responsibilities? if so, then our client is currently recruiting for a QPM engineer to be based at their site near Lewes in East Sussex.
You will be a strong self-starter, process driven with a good understanding of manufacturing and a passion for continuous improvement, an effective communicator you will be able to forge strong working relationships at all levels of the business in order to constructively influence design decisions whilst working closely with suppliers and in house manufacturing departments to drive manufacturing and quality improvements. You'll be positive, driven, proactive and have a mind-set to challenge the status quo and explore opportunities in all areas of the manufacturing process. This is a key role that will suit those with an interest in quality and production engineering within a challenging precision manufacturing environment. more importantly, we seek individuals with the right behaviours, outlook, drive and willingness to learn and adapt as our client provide personal development and training opportunities to complement the role.
* Taking ownership of the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
* Liaising with both Purchasing and Manufacturing departments to ensure analysis and feedback is translated into corrective actions.
* Developing and improving processes and procedures ensuring efficient and effective manufacture of products, including the management of build and test instructions for the shop floor and the migration of these into the ERP system.
* leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the business strategic objectives with a focus on waste reduction and quality improvement.
* Supporting regulatory / financial audits and assist the operations manager in the development and upkeep of the QMS to ensure compliance with ISO9001.
* Ensuring that routing of assemblies and sub-assemblies is correct and liaise with engineering and production to identify the requirement for jigs, fixtures or tooling if needed.
* Communicating with Engineering departments to give feedback on initial builds and suggest design changes to ensure DFM is considered.
* Being an assertive, communicative, proactive self-starter! This is a new role and is yours to develop.
Experience / Qualifications required:
* Minimum HNC / HND or equivalent in a mechanical, engineering or manufacturing discipline.
* A strong Manufacturing / Production engineering background including dealing with low volume, high value complex components and mechanical or electromechanical assemblies.
* An understanding of inspection processes such as first article inspection and the use of measurement equipment such as gauges, vernier, trimos etc
* Experience raising and processing ECR’s, NCR’s and managing quality documentation.
* A good understanding of quality management methods and ISO9001 requirements.
* Experience using an MRP / ERP system and working in a process led manufacturing environment.
* Able to read and understand engineering drawings fluently and to recognise where data is conflicted or incorrect.
* Experience with non-conformance analysis including identification of root cause using standard tools and suggestions / implementation of corrective actions.
* A good understanding of LEAN / 6 Sigma and CI tools and techniques (5s, PDCA, DMAIC, Poka-Yoke, Continuous flow, Kaizen etc)
Hours: 7:30-4:30 Monday to Thursday, 7:30-1:30 Friday. (40hrs p/wk)
Benefits: employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, 25 days holiday and a company contributed share scheme on successful completion of the probationary period.
This is a truly great opportunity to work for a superb employer. Due to the company location, your own transport is essential!
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy
£30k - £40k Annual
£22k - £22k Annual