Corporate Tax Senior
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and competent Corporate Tax Senior to join our talented Tax team. This position may also suit an accountant within practice who is interested in developing their corporate knowledge and enhancing their career.
With comprehensive training and development Ormerod Rutter will support your career aspirations in a professional culture where you will be recognised for what you do.
About Ormerod Rutter
For 35 years, Ormerod Rutter has offered the specialist expertise that clients require to manage all their tax, audit, business and financial affairs. We offer the same services of a top 10 firm with the benefits of being a family friendly practice.
We understand the importance of strong relationships and the service we offer our clients is of key importance to us. Our client base remains uniquely diverse placing the same level of importance on every client.
Ormerod Rutter now has 7 offices across The Midlands. Our 13 Partners are supported by a motivated community of over 200 employees all working towards a shared vision. We encourage our staff to develop the careers they want, the way they choose, and home-grown talent remains at the heart of our succession planning.
Reporting to the Tax Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and providing an effective service on all tax compliance and advisory matters.
* Responsibility for a portfolio of corporate clients including OMBs and Groups
* Preparation of corporation tax returns and computations to include iXBRL tagging of financial statements
* Reviewing corporation tax returns and computations prepared by junior members of the team
* Providing corporation tax payment and quarterly instalment advice
* Assisting the accounts department with corporation tax computation reviews and general queries
* Understanding and processing of research and development claims
* Capital allowance workings
* Technical research
* Liaising with HMRC
* Providing support to Partners and Managers for client meetings
* Corporate tax planning support
* It is essential you can demonstrate corporate tax experience within an accountancy practice and a strong desire to further your career in this field
* A high level of attention to detail and accuracy and a methodical approach to tasks
* Sound computer skills and good working knowledge of MS Office
* Knowledge of CCH would be advantageous
This is not an exhaustive list of your duties, and you may be required to carry out other duties and tasks required for the efficient operation of the business.
Where possible we address every application. If you do not hear back from with us within 3 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful