Senior CAD Technician
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by Recruitment Genius
No experience of joinery is required for this role; however, they are looking for a candidate with design and CAD experience, which can be adapted to a career in joinery manufacture. They use the Solidworks platform, so experience with this system is especially useful.
The role will involve among other things;
- Organising and Prioritising tasks for yourself and others
- Working with clients to ensure designs accurately reflect their vision
- Producing CAD drawings of joinery items for client distribution and approval.
- Controlling the design flow and sign-offs within the business.
- Producing cutting lists based on drawings.
- Answering design queries raised by the rest of the team.
- Client/design meetings.
- Helping to develop new product ranges.
- Producing design outputs that can be fed into the manufacturing/CNC equipment.
- Undertaking material optimisation using relevant software.
- Generally assisting in the management of production.
The successful candidate is likely to have;
- Strong CAD skills, either with AutoCad LT or Revit.
- Strong Microsoft Office software capability.
- Eye for detail.
- An ability to conceptualise 3D items from 2D drawings.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to produce professional looking documents suitable for client presentation.
- Personable attitude and friendly manner.
The package they are offering is;
- Basic Salary of £28,000 - £32,000 gross per annum, dependant on experience.
- Company Pension
- 28 Days Holiday a year (including Bank Holidays).
- Opportunity to grow their role in conjunction with the company
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.