Proposal / Bid Writer (Contract)
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Part of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), IMechE Argyll Ruane is the leading global provider of non-destructive testing and inspection services.
Based in our multi-million pound Engineering Training Centre in Sheffield, we offer a range of inspection and non-destructive testing training courses, examinations and consultancy services.
We’re now looking for a Bid Writer to join us on a six month fixed-term contract that has the potential to become a permanent position.
- Salary of up to £35,000 per annum
- A minimum of 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off
- Up to 10% matched pension contribution
- Life insurance (x3 salary)
- On-site parking
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the ongoing success of an organisation that is synonymous with quality, progress and collaboration.
Accredited by Investors in People, committed to offering equal opportunities and focused on innovation, we offer the ideal environment in which to consolidate your abilities.
So, if you’re looking to take on an exciting contract where you can really make your mark, we want to hear from you.
As a Bid Writer, you’ll produce and deliver high-quality proposals, as well as occasional bids, to support our business development, retention and growth activities.
Under guidance from the Sales Manager, you will:
- Write proposals for new and existing customers, including calculating pricing
- Project manage the end-to-end proposal and bid processes
- Plan, draft, win and co-ordinate responses to tenders
- Ensure that clients receive a high-quality service once bids are won
- Build excellent internal and external relationships
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues
To join us as a Bid Writer, you’ll need:
- Experience of creating proposals or tenders and/or winning bids
- Proofreading experience and an excellent eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
Other companies may call this role Tender Writer, Bid Writer, Proposal Writer, Tender Co-ordinator, Bid Co-ordinator, Submissions Writer, Bidding Co-ordinator or Proposal Officer.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. We look forward to receiving your application.
We regret that we are unable to reply to each applicant; therefore, if you do not hear from us within 28 days of your application for this post you should assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Webrecruit and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are ready for your next step as a Bid Writer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 8:45 – 17:15, Monday – Friday (some flexibility required)