Senior Tester - Northamptonshire
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
The Software tester will be responsible to create and implement a test automation framework and design and execute automated tests. Ideally, you will have at least 3 years test automation experience with 5 years proven recent experience as an IT Tester, preferably with an ISEB / ISTQB Foundation.
Java, JEE, Oracle, SQL, Selenium, JIRA, Test Lead
- Take the Test Lead on various projects
- Create and maintain the required test automation framework(s)
- Ensure that the test automation is updated based on the updated test cases
- Defining the scope of testing within the context of each release / delivery
- Deploying and managing resources for testing
- Applying the appropriate test measurements and metrics in the product and the Testing Team
- Planning, deploying and managing the testing effort for any given engagement.
- Functionality Testing of new and legacy applications to ensure business requirements are met
- Liaise with analysts, developers and business domain experts to produce test scripts, test data and scenarios for conclusions to be performed manually and using automated test tools
- Carry out tests and document results in the required standard.
- Report defects through the agreed process and assist other colleagues to find the best solution to the problem
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Strong background in functional & Automation testing
- Strong understanding of the SDLC
- Knowledge / experience of testing and delivery methodologies – e.g. Agile and best practice for ensuring Quality Assurance
- IT literate with knowledge of web services and web technologies and test tools
- Proficient with Oracle & SQL
- Experience with web and non-web-based application testing
- Experience with JIRA or its equivalent.
- Ability to develop and maintain automation test frameworks from scratch with previous experience writing scripts with selenium
- ISTQB-BCS Certified tester Foundation level
The Test Lead, will possess excellent written and verbal skills, together with being self-organised and methodical with your approach to work. Other desirable skills include: development / programming background preferably with knowledge of C# or Java / Experience of Selenium testing tool and preferably if you are ISTQB certified or working towards it.
Keywords; Tester, Test Analyst, Automation Tester, Test Lead, Lead Tester, Test team leader, Selenium, Oracle, Financial services, Banking, Bank, Java, JEE, Systems Tester, Northampton, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, Northants
Send your CV to Shelby now – (url removed) or call (phone number removed)
Please follow us on twitter @erinassociates for similar roles
Erin Associates Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
£30k - £40k Annual
£0 - £11 Hourly
£13 - £15 Hourly
£13 - £15 Hourly