Senior Cisco Network Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Rate: £(Apply online only) a day
Duration: 6 months (extendable) – ASAP
Location: London (City of London) with some International travel required during project (expensed)
Job Reference: 11767C
Keywords: Cisco, Network Engineer, Routing and switching, Installation, Implementation, Network Control Protocols, Security, Load Balancing, CCNP, Cisco Network Engineer, Cisco Catalyst Switches, Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k Switches, Cisco Nexus 9k Switches, Cisco ASR / ISR Routers, Cisco ASA Firewalls, F5 Big-IP Appliances, Citrix Netscaler Appliances, Check Point Firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, Open Daylight, Cisco APIC, VMWare NSX, Cisco ACI
Our client, a leading Technology Partner based in London are seeking an experienced Cisco Network Engineer (CCNP level) to engage on a large client programme.
* The Senior Network Engineer will design and deploy Data Centre Networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus 9k platforms.
* The Senior Network Engineer will develop and perform migration from traditional data centre network designs to Cisco ACI.
* Integrate services appliances to Cisco ACI deployments to include Application Delivery Controllers and Firewalls.
* You will monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
* You will create Low Level Design, High Level Design, Implementation Plan, and Acceptance Test Plan documents in accordance with customer and WWT standards.
* Perform installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software and peripheral devices.
* Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
* Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware and software upgrades
* The Senior Network Engineer must have 10+ years in a highly technical role that spans multiple disciplines
* You must have extensive knowledge of current and upcoming technologies / trends.
* Basic knowledge of routing and switching technologies.
* The Senior Network Engineer must be certified as an CCNP or equivalent level of skills and experience.
* Experience configuring and deploying enterprise-class networks including the following products:
* Cisco Catalyst Switches
* Cisco Nexus 7k/5k/2k Switches
* Cisco Nexus 9k Switches
* Cisco ASR / ISR Routers
* Cisco ASA Firewalls
* F5 Big-IP Appliances
* Citrix Netscaler Appliances
* Check Point Firewalls
* Palo Alto Firewalls
* Sound understanding of SDN concepts and architecture. Including hands on experience with at least one SDN controller architecture (ex. Open Daylight, Cisco APIC, VMWare NSX).
* Hands on experience on how to create different application policies in the ACI including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects and Filters
* Hands on experience on the Fabric Access Policy including how to create switch policies, interface policies, AEPs, Physical and External Domains
* Hands on experience on Fabric Discovery Activity including Out of Band Configuration, Verifying the APIC Health, Verifying the LEAF Health and Verifying remote access to all the out of band management devices
* Knowledge on ACI Stretch Fabric, ACI Multi-Pod and ACI Multi-Site
* Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with at least one compute virtualization platform: VMware, vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or KVM.
* Ability to perform basic installation and administration of Windows Server and Linux platforms.
* Familiarity with at least one configuration management tool such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Salt and/or automation scripting with Python or PowerShell.
* Familiarity with software version management tools such as Git/GitHub.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
* A thorough understanding of the best practices for services execution.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* A self-starter who exudes positive energy and can rally those around them to a common goal
About NP Group
NP Group is an award winning international recruitment organisation focused on solving the challenges both clients and candidates face, in a different way. Specialising in technology, NP Group partner with some of the most recognised, innovative and inspiring business across the globe. NP Group’s Strategic Workforce Resourcing, Talent Solutions and Executive Search business units use specialist knowledge to genuinely solve clients and candidates’ recruitment problems. NP Group have been recognised by Best Companies as ‘one to watch’ and are in the Recruiter Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing UK recruitment companies.
For more information please visit our website (url removed)
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
£70k - £80k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual