Company Accountant (Graduate Placement)
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Brioche Pasquier UK is part of an international group and one of the largest food manufacturers in Europe. We have been present in the UK for over a decade and sell a range of French bakery products to major UK food retailers, wholesale and foodservice markets. The company is still family run and has a great culture and history. We are also present in Europe, South Korea and USA.
We are at our 160,000 sq. ft. technologically advanced production facility to service the UK market in order to continue the strong growth of the company.
Position: Company Accountant – Graduate Placement
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job type: Full Time, 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 40 hours a week
Benefits: 20 days holidays + 8 Days bank holiday the first year; Company pension, death in service insurance, Annual bonus, Income Protection
About the role:
This is a great opportunity for a Company Accountant to join a category-leading brand at an exciting stage in the history of the business. Due to the fast expansion of the business, we are looking for professionals to join our team to fulfil and grow into their roles.
The Company Accountant will ensure that all tasks are undertaken in the correct manner. You will also work closely with the all department and liaise with the accounting team at our head office in France.
- Day-to-day running of the accounts on site including and not limiting to: General accounts; personal accounts; Invoice; suppliers’ payments; treasury; fixed assets; taxes; financial analysis.
- Assist and train other departments with their financial records they are responsible for invoices, assets etc.
- Develop and analyse monthly performance indicators (line analysis, costs) with the Production Management Department of the factory.
- Prepare and reconcile the balance statement and the profit and loss accounts.
- Work closely with other departments regarding legal arrangements.
- Be the representative for external auditors on site.
- To liaise with the head office accounting teams to promote the UK business and support our local needs.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Be educated to degree level.
- Have a formal accountancy qualification or working towards it (full or part qualified) from a recognized accountancy body.
- To be familiar with and able to apply financial regulations.
- Master the IT tools within the job.
- An analytical mind, capable of interrogating accounts from a commercial perspective.
- Possess strong financial knowledge (Corporate tax, VAT, local tax).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
The role will suit recent graduate’s and candidates who are willing to work in a hands-on varied role and who are ambitious to grow upwards in their Finance career.
You may have experience of the following: Company Accountant, Management Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Financial Accountant, Project Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Qualified Accountant, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, etc
£80k - £85k Annual
£30k - £60k Annual
£20k - £40k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual