Programme Finance Manager
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Singlewell, Gravesend, KENT
Daily rate: Up to £383.62 per day (PAYE) – Up to £439.37 per day (LTD/Umbrella)
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
You will be the finance business partner to Programme Managers with a comprehensive and quality financial support for their portfolio of works, including the provision of a proactive business planning, financial and management accounting service.
The focus of this role is on High Speed rail’s renewals side of the business which is growing very quickly.
What you will do:
1. Business partner to the programme managers / sponsor teams. This includes the provision of financial advice and support so that managers are informed of and understand project, function and company finances as well as the tax implications of financial decision making in projects.
2. Manage the preparation of business plans, budgets and rolling forecast, providing specialist advice. Consolidate and challenge budget holder plan, budget submissions and rolling forecast.
3. Develop and maintain budgetary control over the programme of works by the reporting, analysis and tracking of variances, utilisation and risks/opportunities to the functional directors and managers / sponsors in an appropriate format and timely manner. Consolidate and review periodic financial results and forecasts for function to identify, monitor and manage risks, opportunities and efficiencies.
4. Manage and report on the opex cost centre performance for the programme sponsor / manager
5. Develop and maintain accounting procedures to deliver integrity of costs, income, forecasts and budgets and complete all technical accounting tasks in line with current standards and rules.
6. Liaison with the central project accounting team and the commercial & programme controls teams to drive understanding of project costs.
7. Manage the collection of key data from other functions and co-ordinate and consolidate the production of financial review packs highlighting any significant issues and trends with financial and other business results.
8. Embed corporate governance processes within projects and monitor compliance.
9. Conduct investment and other project appraisals, including business case analysis.
10. Manage the timely collection of business unit debts and payment of business unit creditors, as well as the supply of accurate periodic cash forecasts.
11. Completion of accurate periodic cash flow forecasts.
Your experience will include:
• Membership of the relevant professional body, or possession of sufficient experience to fulfil the requirements of the role without membership of the relevant professional body.
• Experience in project accounting for large construction projects.
• Experience of implementing or managing CAPEX.
• Full membership of relevant professional body.
• Experience of Oracle based systems.
• Rail experience.
• Relevant experience within finance disciplines of Network Rail and/or external organisations
£17 - £20k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£17k - £20k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual