Aircraft Platform Integration Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
To work within the growing Airborne Systems Integration organisation to deliver the integration of complex MBDA weapons onto fixed wing and rotary platforms for both UK and Export customers.
What are we looking for?
- An appropriate Engineering Degree or Masters (or equivalent) OR HNC/HND level (or equivalent).
- Broad understanding of multiple general engineering disciplines e.g. electrical, mechanical, systems, etc.
- Ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision
Desirable: - Knowledge of Mil-Std-1760 and Def Stan 1553 highly desirable
- Experience in the defence sector in integration of systems onto fixed wing or rotary platforms
- Ability to lead a technical team
- Ability to undertake complex technical negotiations with a high degree of autonomy
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
The Role - Working with MBDA, platform and government authorities to establish an integration plan that facilitates the integration of complex MBDA air launched weapon systems onto a wide range of fixed wing and rotary platforms.
- Delivery of integration programmes to time and cost; ensuring that the integration is safe and maximises the weapon capability to the end user.
- Produce and agree integration requirements with MBDA subject matter experts and platform authorities to define the integration activity and to ensure that customer needs can be met.
- Produce and agree interface control documentation with the platform design authority to control and maintain the definition of the platform to store interface and ensure compatibility between them.
- Establish integration trials campaign requirements with platform and government authorities; identifying facility and equipment needs and the data required to certify the integrated weapon system.
- Design, plan and execute integration trials activities with the platform design authority and MBDA subject matter experts.
- Deliver the certification of the integrated product and the associated certificates of design
What’s in it for you? - You will be working in a focused team that delivers a weapons integration programme working closely with specialists both within MBDA, platform design authorities and government organisations
- This is an opportunity for someone with good knowledge of aircraft systems or weapon systems integration to utilise this within MBDA whilst increasing their knowledge and experience across a broad range of disciplines
- The roles will have both office based and field based elements
- The roles will involve travel within the UK and potentially overseas
What’s great about the team? - The Airborne Systems Integration team is growing fast providing an exciting and dynamic environment that is focused on delivering the needs of our customers
- There will be opportunities to work on a whole range of MBDA air-launched products together with UK and Export platform design authorities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£28k - £39k Annual
£0 - £35k Annual