Electrical Test Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
* Supporting/standby Test Engineer, ability to run motors tests, string tests in the absence of Senior Test Engineer. Includes electrical power connections to inverters and VSD’s.
* To complete Factory Acceptance Tests and customer witness tests of company equipment when required.
* Experience of High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) systems, to BS7671 and a working knowledge of 17th Edition electrical standards and IEC standards is desirable.
* Trained in HV safe working practices to Safe Approved Person (SAP) level, is desirable but a safe working knowledge and ability to demonstrate the connection of electrical power systems is essential.
* Knowledge of design and test of electrical motors for 3.3kV and 11kV applications.
* Design and commissioning of LV electrical panel systems.
* Support of pump commissioning activities at customer sites.
* Establish safe system of work procedures when testing MV or HV motors.
* Sign off and approval of equipment electrical test results
* Check client supplied VSDs for ‘string tests’.
* To complete Factory Acceptance Tests and customer witness tests of equipment when required.
Additional responsibilities (Desirable)
* Evaluation, supplier selection and procurement of electrical motors ranging from 20kW to 1.3MW (4 pole to 12 pole) as per customer specification and internal hydraulic requirements.
* Maintain a close working relationship with hydraulic and mechanical design team to achieve project timelines and adherence to customer specifications and compliance.
* Produce electrical PID’s and instrumentation diagrams.
* Specification and selection of power cables and instrumentation to project specifications.
Key Performance Indicators
* Support design team on delivery of project milestones in timely manner
* Contractual Electrical compliance
* Preparation of electrical and test procedures
* Electrical lead on design improvement activities, which include product improvements and cost reduction activities.
* Promotion of safe working practices for electrical applications
* Working knowledge of electrical design tools such as Matlab, C++ programming and Daisylab.
* Knowledge of high voltage switch gear, inverter drives and VFD’s.
* Technical resolution of electrical issues for test and design.
* Able to demonstrate working with a multi-disciplined design team.
* A ‘hands on’ approach to support test requirements
If this is for you then please send me you CV ASAP