Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our Client is a global technology business that delivers high performance engine and electronics solutions for customers in the automotive and motorsport sectors.
Their motorsport heritage gives them a passion for innovation, performance, and reliability. They are constantly seeking innovative ways to drive higher performances, while striving to deliver the reliability that customers expect.
They now require a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor, who will be based within their Northampton office and report to the Health, Safety & Environmental Manager.
* Carry out Risk, COSHH and Fire risk Assessments within the facility and consider and implement appropriate risk reduction measures.
* Develop and implement safe operational procedures.
* Conduct site safety inspections.
* Participate in internal HSE audits.
* Maintain HSE records and databases.
* Record incidents and accidents and produce HSE statistics.
* Investigate accidents and near misses, taking the necessary steps to recommend steps to prevent recurrence.
* Keep up to date with new HSE legislation and industry best practice.
* Advise department managers on specialist HSE areas i.e. fire regulations, hazardous substances, machinery guarding, occupational health issues.
HSE Advisor Requirements:
* NEBOSH Certificated – working towards Diploma/Level 6 qualification.
* A member of a relevant recognised professional body.
* Experienced in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
* Possess good planning and organisational skills.
* Able to demonstrate drive and initiative.
* Possess good interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable dealing with all levels in the business.
* Hold a recognised environmental qualification.
* Experienced working with H&S and Environmental management systems.
* Project a positive, enthusiastic and professional approach to the role actively promoting a positive HSE culture.
* Possess good IT skills with experience of MS Office applications.
* Internal/external auditing qualified desirable.
Group Personal Pension Scheme in place which all employees (eligibility criteria applicable) are enrolled into during your 3rd month of employment, unless requested to join earlier. The Company will match personal contributions up to 6%.
Life Assurance is provided for employees, at a rate of 4 x base salary. This is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance provider.
Permanent Health Insurance is provided for employees, which will provide an income if you are unable to work for an extended period. This will be for a maximum of 5 years. This insurance is subject to the terms and conditions of the insurance provider.
Private medical insurance is provided, upon completion of the probationary period. The Company funds single applications, however, spouse and dependent cover is chargeable to the employee. A Cash Plan is also available and is fully Company funded. Currently both are provided by BUPA.
25 days holiday + 8 statutory bank holidays. Service dependent increases are applicable.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description.
Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility
£0 - £0 Annual
£27k - £30k Annual