Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Pursuit Resources are currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant for our client, a rapidly growing, market-leading ecommerce company based in the Essex area.
Working as part of a small Finance department, you will be undertake accounting duties and tasks, maintaining reports and carrying out book keeping duties, for UK, European and RoW business streams.
Duties will include:
* Processing supplier invoices, accounts payable transactions and similar entries in Sterling and foreign currencies.
* Complete financial reports on a regular basis, contributing to completion of monthly accounts pack.
* Complete bank reconciliations (Sterling and foreign currency).
* Enter financial information onto SAGE Accounts Line 50, including Sterling and foreign currency journals.
* Review Company nominal/purchase/sales ledgers, identify discrepancies and assist with remedial actions.
* Assist in preparation of accruals, prepayments and other balance sheet accounts, reconciled ready for monthly review by the Financial Controller.
* Identify and resolve errors in financial reports and correct faulty reporting methods.
* Responsible for the day to day processing of foreign currency invoices and receipts from various European internet sales channels, including invoice and receipt checking, inputting into Sage and preparation of payment runs.
* Assist in preparing regular financial reports and provide data/analysis to other departments as required, particularly around sales and purchasing.
Our client is looking for:
* Experience of working with fixed assets, creditors, accruals and balance sheet reconciliation, both UK and foreign
* Knowledge of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales Lists in the UK and the associated data for multiple EU countries would be desirable
* Experience of double entry book keeping to Trial Balance and balance sheet account preparation
* Experience with dealing in multiple currencies
* Good understanding of nominal accounts
* AAT Level 3
* Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
* Use of accounting computing package (preferably Sage)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful yet rapidly growing company, in a role which offers autonomy, development, free parking & other great benefits!
If you feel you fit the requirements for this role and would like to discuss it in more detail please contact Courtney Bromfield on (phone number removed).
Pursuit Resources Group are an established recruitment agency based in Braintree, Essex. We recruit across many industry sectors within Essex, Herts, Suffolk, London and beyond. We cover both the permanent and the temporary recruitment market. For more details visit our website – (url removed) or alternatively find us on social media under ‘@pursuitgroup’. To be notified of all the latest positions please follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn