Graduate Software Developer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
This role works as part of a software development team to help develop and maintain the bespoke in-house web application that co-ordinates the core business process of the company. The primary goal of this role is to ensure that this system continues to add value to the business through its continued development and expansion.
This role will also look at other opportunities through software and systems development that could both standalone or integrate with existing business systems.
Duties and responsibilities
• Developing features for, and updates to, our bespoke in-house system. You will be primarily involved in the design, implementation and testing of the requested features and bugs assigned to you.
• Maintaining and refactoring the existing codebase, improving its maintainability, accuracy and performance where possible.
• Maintaining and updating the company’s user documentation and code documentation, ensuring it is up to date and relevant.
• Ensuring that the tools we use and the dependencies our system relies on are up to date.
• Running SQL queries and generating reports for management.
• Supporting our end-users with any system-related issues that they may contact us about.
Skills and experience
• 1st/2.1 Degree in Computer Science.
• Experience with Object Oriented and Functional programming paradigms, as well as a knowledge of design patterns and when to use them.
• Experience with SQL languages and the ability to design normalised relational databases.
• Experience with modern web technologies.
• Experience using Visual Studio or similar IDEs to develop applications.
• The ability to independently use debuggers, intuition and known information to diagnose bugs in systems and fix them in a full and timely fashion.
Desirables Skills and Experience Required:
• Ability to explain concepts in a concise, clear and understandable manner.
• Experience with C# and the .NET standard library.
• A working knowledge of software development lifecycle methodologies and a clear understand of why they are used.
Salary range for this position is from £24,000 up to £28,000 dependant on experience
£22k - £30k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£18k - £25k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual