Area Sales Manager - South West
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Point of Care Diagnostics
Territory: South Wales and South West (Home and field based)
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Unique opportunity to join a world leader in the development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art, whole blood, point-of-care and critical care analysers, a business that also provides the biotechnology industry with the most advanced instruments for cell culture monitoring. One of the fastest growing in vitro diagnostic companies in the world whose biosensor technology is incorporated in products ranging from handheld meters for glucose point-of-care testing to critical care whole blood analysers designed for rapid measurement of over 20 analytes.
With ongoing pioneering technological innovation and continuous new Product Development, this business is at the forefront of their industry.
The role requires a previous track record in the sale of Point of Care Diagnostic technology into the NHS and other potential markets. You will ideally be from a Biotechnology background with an understanding of Blood Gas Analysers and/or Blood Glucose monitoring equipment.
Job Summary and/or Key Objectives: UK Sales
* Requiring previous sales experience in the diagnostic arena, the role will assume full sales responsibility for the HBTA (Hospital Blood Testing Analysers - Blood Gas) and POC (Point of Care) product family within the defined territory
* Good knowledge of the NHS procurement processes and ideally some tendering experience
* Meet and ideally exceed agreed sales targets for the territory
* Identify new opportunities by creative account prospecting and comprehensive account qualification processes
* Manage the sales territory by implementation of an effective sales call planning schedule
* Perform an adequate number of product presentations and demonstrations to ensure sales targets are achieved
* Maintain the Customer Relationship Database and keep it current at all times
* Maintain a regular program of after-sales customer care calls to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Attend relevant exhibitions
* Maintain operating expenses within budget
* Assist the National Sales Manager in setting the Annual Operating Plan Feedback to line manager on observed trends and competitive activities within the market
* Assist the Technical Support team in the installation of new systems and training of operators
* Assist the Technical Support team in the identification and resolution of after sales performance issues (in line with European Application Support functions)
* Works closely with Marketing & Promotions Specialist to develop campaigns for sales area.
OTE £56k+ (uncapped)
Salary £40k with commission potential of £16k pa payable quarterly (uncapped)
Pension Contribution rising to 10% on successful probation period
Private Healthcare after 6-month probation
Car, Mobile Phone, Laptop
25 days holiday and statutory Bank Holidays
£30k - £32k Annual
£38k - £40k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £42k Annual