Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
**A specialist Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer**
**Day Shift Position**
**Based in Bromyard, Herefordshire**
My Client is currently on the lookout for a Senior Buyer with experience in developing new and existing supplier bases within the Automotive sector. Also ideally holding a CIPS Level 5 qualification with a good understanding of TS16949.
* Sourcing suppliers to ensure materials are available for trials and a robust supply chain is established
* Ensuring that suppliers consistently provide quality and service in the most cost effective and efficient methods
* Issuing RFQ’s and analysis of responses.
* Making sure that materials and services are supplied in line with MRP and requisitions to support both pre-production and serial production demands.
* To ensure orders and contracts are placed in line with company procedures and policies, this includes commercial terms and maintenance of relevant documents
* Development and mentoring of junior staff where appropriate to share knowledge and best practice.
* Direct and Indirect Purchasing
The successful candidate will require:
* Experience working/purchasing within the Automotive industry
* Familiar with TS16949 standards and an understanding of lean manufacturing and processing skills
* Proven experience of working with and managing suppliers in an automotive environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills. High level of numerical and analytical ability
* Excellent PC skills within Office packages and ERP systems (SAP experience an advantage)
* Ability to motivate, involve and engage team members to deliver departmental objectives.
* CIPS Level 5 qualification