Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
The Cost Engineer is responsible for providing cost management & Financial support to the Nuclear Generation work portfolio and will monitor, control and forecast the costs during the Project lifecycle.
The main focus will be to work with Project Managers to manage project costs and their integration with the management of risk, change and the schedule in accordance with EDF Energy Generation Company standards and processes. This will involve conducting Financial transactions in SAP. This may be a site or Barnwood based role.
The responsibilities of the role include:
• Control, monitor, analyse and report cost related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
• Implement the correct and appropriate cost management tool for the project in accordance with CTO Programme Office processes/templates.
• Assist in development of and use of Project Control Structures (CBS, OBS, WBS etc.).
• Understand the basis of the estimate.
• Ensure all cost and contract transactions on a project are understood and managed in an appropriate way.
• Deliver SAP transactional tasks such as: -
o Goods Receipts
o Reincidencing of Shuffle Budgets
• Ensure all variances to the cost baseline are communicated in a timely manner.
• Ensure the necessary cost management interface is in place with Finance and ensure regular communications.
• Support the EDF Energy Business Planning process.
• Active involvement in the change process, understanding the reasons for and factors influencing each change to the project’s cost baseline plus the implications of such change.
• Continually monitor Project Risk and Change status to maintain current forecast.
• Review and understand, with the assistance of the Planning Engineer, the schedule progress and it’s alignment to the Project Control Structure.
• Liaise with Project team members and contractors with regards to progress and financial forecasting.
• Update the Cost Tool to comply with Project Reporting Cycles.
• Monitor, control and analyse the project cost information, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives. Prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project’s specific needs.
• Challenge cost variances against the baseline plan with individual task leaders/contractors and/or outside stakeholder management as necessary to enable mitigation.
• Contribute to progress meetings as required in support of the Project Manager.
• Regular interfacing and integration with the project Planning Engineer to maintain an aligned financial position with the project Primavera plan.
• Contribute to the drafting and updating of Project Documents (PDD, IRM papers etc.) to ensure that they contains the project Scope of Work, KPI’s, payment milestones and the methodology for controlling the project schedule, costs and variances etc.
• Contribute to Lessons Learnt process throughout the Project lifecycle.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Relevant experience in Finance or Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment.
• Working knowledge of SAP and ability to perform transactional tasks.
• Minimum of 2 years of finance and/or accounting experience.
• Previous experience in a Finance role essential.
• Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience.
• MACostE desirable.
• Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (E.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes) desirable.
• Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
Strong knowledge of financial systems.
• Understand the inter-relationship between time cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Understanding of Earned Value Analysis desirable.
• Self motivated with good interpersonal skills working in a team environment.
• Good attention to detail with good time management skills.
• Excellent communication and presentational skills.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application
£25k - £28k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual