Civil CAD Technician
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our Client is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water sector. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as a contractor and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
This Client is looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Civil CAD Technician. Based at the office in Derby, you will produce civil drawings and associated schedules taking due account of health and safety requirements, specifications and standards pertaining to the contract.
You will report directly to the senior civil engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce civil design layouts and general site layout drawings which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and can be constructed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
• Provide estimates and feedback for proposals department
• Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
• Assist in developing procedures and processes
• Ensure co-ordination of designs with all other disciplines internal and external to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
• Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
• To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives,
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
• Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
• Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
• Experience of producing accurate drawings to enable effective and efficient construction
• Experience of using AutoCAD, Microstation, Revit 3D
• Driving license
£300 - £310 Daily
£300 - £310 Daily