Software Design and Development Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Design & Development Engineer to help us develop solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems. MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world – we are looking for a software engineer to work with us to develop the next generation of products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
- The role is based at our Filton development facility.You will be developing Command and Control application software for the next generation of Ground Based Air Defence Systems.
- This is a very hands-on role, and requires the continued design and development of the Command & Control Product Line architecture, and the instantiations for future products. You will be developing software in Rhapsody, DDS, and targeting both C++ and C languages.
What’s in it for you? - This is a great role for somebody with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace weapon systems.You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the results of strong international collaboration. Consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in Paris and Rome.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
What’s great about the team? - You will be joining a team that continues to develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world.We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems – you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
- As part of a highly motivated and successful team, you’ll be delivering against a challenging schedule.
- The team will be delivering FLAADS Land system as part of the British Army’s Sky Sabre air defence architecture.
What are we looking for? - You will ideally have a degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of software for COTS hardware.You will have been responsible for complex software solutions and will be comfortable working with engineers from other disciplines, and with international colleagues. It is likely that your experience was gained in defence, automotive, aerospace, telecoms or consumer electronics.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team, and maintain momentum during development.The software that you develop will be used across multiple products at several sites, so strong communication skills are essential.
- You will have extensive experience in model-based development, using UML and tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
- Ideally you will have a background in software engineering with knowledge of modern development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C would be beneficial.
- You will have significant previous experience with embedded C and/or C++, and ideally some Ada.You will have knowledge of DDS middleware and Real Time Operating Systems.
What would you get? - Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)