Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you a software engineer who is passionate about providing sovereign capability to the UK armed forces and its allies? This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a team experiencing significant growth and who are responsible for developing software facilitating testing across the whole of the MBDA UK product portfolio. We invite you to apply to join a team with a great balance of new ideas and in depth experience which promotes a highly dynamic working environment.
In this role you will be:
- Designing and producing software solutions to test world leading complex products;
- working with a wide range of teams across MBDA to deliver test software capability;
- facilitating the testing of products from early concept to production.
What’s in it for you? - Working in a department supporting the whole product portfolio throughout the engineering lifecycle will give you the platform to significantly increase your engineering skills and knowledge.
- Working at the sharp end of product development and production, enabling the development and delivery of our world leading products to customers.
- We work closely with our colleagues across the UK and in France and Italy, so there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy. We also have a secondment scheme between France and the UK.
- A supportive working environment with enabling you to develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons.
What’s great about the team?
- The UK Test Systems team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focused and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. It’s a great place to learn about the company’s entire product range.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for self-motivated, adaptable and competent software engineers with a range of the following attributes: - Previous software engineering experience in the development of test solutions is desirable. We will also consider someone with solid software engineering experience and an keen interest in test solutions.
- Strong ability to write software in C / C++; experience with C# and scripting languages would be an advantage to our future strategy.
- Proactive and able to take ownership of the software development.
- Great communication skills with a strong motivation for collaboration.
- Knowledge of electronics measurement techniques using equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analysers.
- Experience using software configuration management tools and techniques.
- Understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553.
- Experience of developing real time software is an advantage
- Previous experience working in an agile development team is an advantage
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£35k - £55k Annual