Assistant Company Secretary
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We’re looking for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join our European Company Secretariat. You will be responsible for supporting the provision of a wide-ranging and high-class company secretarial service to the entities and branches within Assurant’s UK and European Group (including regulated financial services entities), including ensuring compliance with legal and corporate governance obligations and best practice.
* Support Board/Committee meetings including taking minutes of meetings and deputising for the Company Secretary, Europe where necessary.
* Administration and use of electronic board portal and entity management databases.
* Attending to companies’ registry filings as required.
* Creation and maintenance of filing and corporate record keeping systems, including statutory registers.
* Arrange execution of corporate documents, including attending to any notarisation and legalisation requirements.
* Work closely with senior stakeholders, including Management and Board members (including Independent Non-Executive Directors)
* Draft Board and Shareholder resolutions.
* Ensure that entities and branches within the UK and Europe comply with local corporate legal requirements and internal corporate policies.
* Support the Company Secretary, Europe as required with special projects.
* Maintenance and administration of the Company Secretariat including management of external suppliers, invoicing administration, developing training materials and process and policy review.
* Assist to fulfil NYSE-listed parent company reporting requirements.
* Monitor developments in applicable company law and best practice, particularly in the UK and the Netherlands.
* Intermittent travel to support Board/Committee meetings and related activities of UK and EU subsidiaries, particularly in the UK and the Netherlands.
The right candidate for this role must have the necessary stature and credibility to valuably contribute as a member of the Company Secretariat, including by supporting the Company Secretary, Europe to provide trusted advice and support to the Board and Management on corporate governance matters.
Alongside these key criteria, candidates will bring a combination of the following professional skills/experiences and personal characteristics:
* UK and/or Dutch legal and/or company secretarial qualifications (such as a law degree and/or ICSA).
* A-levels (or equivalent) and degree level University education.
* Good knowledge of UK and/or Dutch company law and best practice in corporate governance.
* Prior experience of working in the same, or a similar, role within a Company Secretariat in any market sector..
* Practical experience of using an entity management system and board portal.
* Strong administrative, planning and organisational skills.
* Attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to produce work in a prompt manner in accordance with business needs.
* Ability to adapt, influence and communicate clearly with all levels of personnel and other internal and external stakeholders.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
If you wish to receive a copy of the candidate brief and job description please do not hesitate to contact the recruiter. Please note this role can be based in our UK or Amsterdam location.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle and automotive insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant has been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and has received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality. We are committed to ensuring there is a representative balance of individuals across the organisation with a wide range of skills, knowledge, experience, backgrounds and other personal attributes