Product and Pricing Actuary
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Vitality is an award winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, with a ground-breaking vision for the future, where individuals are enabled to succeed and are rewarded and recognised for their contribution to our business
Our Product and Pricing Actuary will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including;
- Our award winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Vitality Partners and Rewards – Apple Watch, Ocado, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 Days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions and awards – a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
We are looking for an experienced Product and Pricing Actuary to take a senior role in: developing and delivering the pricing strategy for new and existing protection products; monitoring product performance and leading strategic projects to identify and develop opportunities for innovation; supporting new product development from concept to development, pricing and delivery.
Responsibilities as our Product and Pricing Actuary include:
- Works closely with product development, sales, underwriting and analytics teams to improve pricing strategy and execution using cutting edge analytical techniques
- Drive new product development, including idea generation, market research, pricing, governance sign off and systems implementation
- Deliver enhancements to pricing capability through research and development of new rating and segmentation factors
- Work with sales team to develop commercial pricing strategies to improve sales and retention, whilst maintaining profitability levels and hitting the business plan metrics
- Support reinsurance tenders during new product or existing business pricing initiatives
- Support re-pricing of existing products, or of pricing for policy servicing changes
- Support the production of lifecycle reviews on a regular basis for both new and existing products
- Marketing literature – sign off marketing literature for new product and pricing developments
- Presents insight to key stakeholders, builds relationships with all departments and shares best practice and building the profile of the product and pricing team
Skills and Experience required of our Product and Pricing Actuary:
- Nearly / newly qualified actuary
- Experience working in life office or reinsurer, specifically in pricing protection products
- Experience of Prophet
- Strong ability to analyse problems and develop structured solutions
- Experience of working with Microsoft Excel and Access (advanced)
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience pricing protection products in the UK
- Advanced Data analytics skills (R, SQL, Microsoft Access, Advanced Excel, Visual Basic etc)
Working for Vitality as our Product and Pricing Actuary you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd July 2019
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Product and Pricing Actuary please click ‘apply’ today
£33 - £35 Hourly
£50k - £55k Annual
£370 - £400 Daily
£50k - £58k Annual