Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We’re looking for an experienced Test Analyst to join our team. You’ll be working within our Solutions & Technology department and will be responsible for the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment. You'll conduct manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose. You will ensure that systems developed in-house are fully tested and meet the high standards of quality expected by the business, taking ownership of test deliverables and the associated business processes.
You’ll be accountable for the following;
* The testing of software produced by the Development teams via means of manual testing, and automation where necessary.
* Provide input into the strategy and planning of all appropriate test activities, ensuring that project deliverables are catered for and that long term team ambitions are considered.
* Investigate and verify problems with the software systems and base data reported by the business and hand to the relevant parties for solution.
* Liaise with the necessary parties during the testing life cycle to ensure that the implementation is delivered on time and of expected quality.
* Raise any issues found during the course of normal use/testing to the appropriate parties, maintaining ownership of their resolution.
* Report any problems or issues that may affect the agreed deadline to the line manager as soon as they are known.
* Engage with the review of project requirements, highlighting risk and assisting the Test Manager with recommendations concerning the testing approach.
The ideal person to join us will have
* ISEB certification to Foundation level in Testing as minimum, but not essential if significant Testing experience is demonstrated
* Experience of testing within Telecommunications and Insurance business sectors, with active participation in middleware and database testing an advantage
* Proficient in manual testing, as well as code proficient to facilitate in more in-depth integration testing where necessary.
* Experience of testing within change/project areas that utilise remote delivery and matrix management of teams (Global delivery model)
* Extensive experience within a Software testing role.
* A working knowledge of JAVA and .NET, with a proven track history of their application in testing.
* Experience of testing API’s is essential, using skills acquired in SOAP UI and/or Postman
Joining our award-winning team gives you the opportunity to progress and be rewarded, as well as enjoying a fantastic benefits package.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant have been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People. The organisation has received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality
£35k - £38k Annual
£39k - £45k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£28 - £33 Annual
£340 - £340 Daily