Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To support the contract management (and selection / bidding as and when required) of high value engineered orders for our Engineered OEM sales team
* To ensure commercial and technical compliance of all project orders and put in place project milestones and ensure timely completion of these milestones.
* To develop an interface and maintain good working relationships with Customers, external suppliers, our own manufacturing plants and all internal key functions (Sales management, engineering, procurement, manufacturing plants, QA, etc).
* To manage project finances through to payment of final invoice, including dealing with / coordinating warranty claims.
* To close out of final documentation as required by the customer within required deadlines. Update of Customer and internal databases
* To liaise with Senior Management on order book updates and project status as and when required.
Required skills and experience:
* A basic technical appreciation of mechanical seals, wet seal systems, filters, couplings & bearings
* Good customer facing, presentation, communication skills and ability to work well with Management team and local sales & service personnel
* Having excellent attention to details to ensure management of full project to achieve Customer expectations.
* Having a positive ‘can do’ attitude – sometimes in the face of operational and commercial difficulties
* Ability to assess commercial, contractual and technical risks associated with Customer documentation and communications.
* Can either lead or support opportunities, working as part of team or alone
* Can assess and understand when issues need to be managed at individual, team level or escalated to Senior Management
* Can act professionally and represent John Crane in front of Customers, operating within delegation of authority, etc
* Can track, monitor, and report on / update on initiatives being supported.
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group, a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components