Electrical CAD Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
We’re on a mission to make Engineering the first thing that springs to mind when you think of Ocado. We’re trailblazing when it comes to robotics and automated logistics solutions and with our rapid company growth, now’s the time to join us and be part of the ‘Ocado Revolution’.
We now operate across 3 continents, have partnered with multiple retailers (with plans for more) and are working on building new state of the art Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) across the globe, as well as designing and manufacturing everything that goes inside them. This all starts with our Product Development team, which is where you come in.
We’re now looking for an Electrical CAD Engineer to join us at our engineering office in Welwyn Garden City. Working as part of the wider design team alongside Electrical and Electronics Design Engineers, in this position you will be responsible for systematically creating the CAD drawings and relevant documentation of electrical machines and systems, for the highly innovative automated products that are required in our CFCs.
This is an exciting new role that will see you working alongside various other teams within Product Development (including Mechanical Design, Project Management, Procurement and Reliability Engineering), as well as external design consultancies and suppliers.
What you can expect to be doing:
* Production of electrical CAD drawings using EPLAN Electric P8 software
* Accurate production and update of Single Line, schematic and wiring diagrams
* Taking mark-ups from design engineers and both producing and coordinating as-installed CAD drawings
* Creation of electrical wiring schematics and panel/wiring drawings
* Involvement in producing Bill of Materials, FDS, preparation and execution of documentation
* Producing electrical schematics to the IEC 61082 standard
* Competent to review Panel build against drawings
* Participating in design and design document reviews for new product designs and changes/modifications to existing designs
Skills/qualifications we need to see:
* HND or degree in Engineering
* Experience working on electrical cabinets and control systems for applications
* Experience of full product development lifecycle
* Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
* Active experience on DFMEA, PFMEA
Skills/experience that would be nice to have:
* Experience working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
* Experience of simulation of electrical systems
* Experience of working with Matlab
* EPLAN user (P8, Propanel)
Want to know more about us?
* Have a click around our dedicated Ocado Engineering website for info on the different departments that make up the Engineering function; what we do, what we’re trying to achieve, how we’re planning to get there and the key people involved that you could be working alongside.
* Why not also give our LinkedIn page a follow so you can keep up to date?
* If YouTube is more up your street, Ocado Engineering has its own channel - take some time out to watch our innovative products in action and hear our people talking about what we do and why you should join us.
If you need more convincing, here’s (some of) what we can offer you:
* Life Assurance
* Private Medical Insurance
* 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
* Employee Assistance Program
* Free Shares
* Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
* Discounted shopping on Ocado, Smart Pass and destination sites
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change