IS Support Specialist
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Atlas Business Park, Manchester
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience, plus excellent benefits package
SUPPORTING A GLOBAL LEADER
Bureau Veritas operates in a wide range of sectors, delivering Testing, Inspection and Certification services to some of the biggest household names.
With more than 400,000 clients worldwide, we are a true global leader; helping to ensure the safety, quality and sustainability of parts, plant, properties and more. Our client list covers everyone from major retailers and petro-chemical companies, to global banks and international airports.
TEAM PLAYER WITH INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for an experienced IS support specialist to join a busy support team in supporting the administration, management and maintenance of a number of bespoke web based applications which are used throughout BV North West Europe.
Main duties include:
* Participate/ Lead integration projects and implementations through carrying out the following activities;
* Data extraction, Data cleansing, Data migration, Data validation
* (Key) user training
* Management training
* Act as ‘buffer’ between Operations and Support
* ‘Translate’ local needs into corporate solutions
* Advising and liaising with project stakeholders
* Provide ‘after live’ support (on site and back office)
* Application Support & Issue resolution.
* Analyse data from applicable applications and distribute throughout organization
* Ensure data integrity
* Manage relationship with HQ regarding corporate software
* Advise and support management (BU, country or district) in decision making processes regarding applications (also with regard to budget processes)
* Develop and distribute (management) reports with help of in-house tools
* Advise on technical software matters
* Manage, administrate and implement local and district software solutions
* Provide support to internal (local key) users regarding questions / problems related to existing software
* Participate in internal audits on production tools
* To work independently and capable of sharing knowledge and practices with a team.
HAVE YOU GOT THE RIGHT ATTRIBUTES?
Candidate requirements include:
* Degree or equivalent with IS Technical and/ or vocational qualification
* Advanced IS technical knowledge
* Previous experience of working in an international environment (preferred)
* Strong communication skills
* Proven experience in IS Support Specialist roles
* Proven experience in being able to prioritise and organise to tight deadlines
* Local language skills, where applicable
A GLOBAL LEADING ORGANISATION
Employing close to 66,500 employees across 140 locations worldwide, only Bureau Veritas can offer:
* Structured development programmes to help you fulfil your potential, including face to face and e-learning programmes
* The opportunity to contribute towards delivering excellence for high profile clients, including some of the world’s most recognised brands
* A long list of awards recognition including Top Employer seven years in a row and continued success in the RoSPA Occupational Health and Safety Awards
* Comprehensive financial package including competitive salary and allowances, defined contribution pension, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, various insurances including Private Health Insurance and other flexible benefits to suit individual requirements