Finance Business Partner
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
To deliver timely and accurate production of management accounts, budgets and forecasts and associated reporting for the relevant business area(s).
To ensure that accounting and control procedures are in place and in line with current accounting legislation and reflect best practice, supporting knowledge sharing in finance community to maximize team performance.
To work with the Executive directors and their management teams to provide business partnership, financial information and support to drive achievement of Business targets.
To align, improve, execute and promote the systems and work processes that support the business in achieving its goals and that comply with internal and external standards and regulatory requirements.
* Accountable for the production of all financial results for the relevant business area(s), including P&L, cashflow and balance sheet
* Responsible for delivering successful, timely month end close, including approving journals, monitoring variances and maintaining integrity of financial ledgers
* Review and approve monthly balance sheet reconciliations, including reporting of balance sheet risks and opportunities
* Produce financial reporting, ensuring all deadlines are adhered to, including commentary on major variances and trends.
* Support preparation of 3 year business plan and annual budget for business area, including detailed strategic and financial analysis.
* Management of the year end accounts production timetable in accordance with NPS requirements, ensuring deadlines are met.
* Building strong working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
* Apply judgement and experience to assist the business in making key decisions, working in business partnership while maintaining corporate governance.
* Provide information to support increased efficiency and cost management with business leads.
* To significantly improve the speed and efficiency of the month end process and to develop the control to support the improvement. Delivering consistent accounting methods across the business.
* Lead business area finance team, setting team’s individual responsibilities and objectives and setting workload priorities through conducting regular 121’s, appraisals and development
* Challenge existing processes and working methods to deliver a programme of continuous improvement within NPS, through project leadership.
* Support the Finance Director and Financial Controllers in ensuring we have adequate financial processes and procedures in place.
* Strong academic background
* Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA) with 3 yrs+ post qualification experience in a commercial environment
* Working technical knowledge of reporting standards (especially IFRS15) and excellent management accounting techniques
* Extensive experience of a variety of accounting and operational systems, with SAP, BW and TM1 experience desirable
* Extensive experience of project accounting, WIP
* Use of Standard Microsoft Suite (Word/Excel etc) and/or Google Documents
* Has a customer driven, service approach, whilst maintaining high levels of integrity
* Demonstrates a real passion to exceed goals/targets and does not accept mediocrity.
* Ability to communicate clearly, including explanation of complicated finance processes to non-finance colleagues
* Ability to organise, prioritise and monitor workload in order to meet tight deadlines
* Ability to interact with people at all levels in an effective manner
* Flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
* Experience of working in a software based business model with contract accounting preferable
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities
£60k - £70k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual