Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Edinburgh (Circa £50k)
A rare opportunity has presented itself in Edinburgh city centre to join a highly technical and fun team who are embarking on some exciting new challenges in the world of platform development for the next generation of systems for the company. There is a strong drive to continue to build great products that deliver measurable value to users quickly and reliably.
This team works together to plan work, refine the backlog and build product features. Collaboration is a strong thread that runs through the team along with enthusiasm to create and maintain tests and pipelines and adopt practices to continuously improve. You will be comfortable with working with modern practices and methodologies and will have the ability to influence whilst working with a range of interesting technologies.
Although keen to attract people with some of the following skills, don’t let the list put you off. This client are less interested in ticking boxes and instead would like to attract technically well-rounded candidates.
• You will be comfortable developing front-end web applications and care about UX.
• You have either consumed and or built REST APIs and are comfortable working with backend services.
• You will feel comfortable working with data persistence technologies (RDBMS, file systems)
• You are familiar with Jest and Cypress as test automation
• You know about containerisation like Docker
• You want to use continuous delivery methods, deployment automation, continuous integration, trunk- based development
• You have used git to manage your commits and are comfortable with Linux systems, like Ubuntu for the development environment.
Other areas of interest are, Microservice and Serverless architecture, AWS (CDK, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQL, Kinesis) LaunchDarkly, Jenkins, Bamboo, Typescript, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Python, GraphQL, Kubernetes, Java/ Maven, UX, material design.
I would be delighted to tell you more about this company and what they do for your career including some incredible benefits and a real sense of team.
Please get in touch with your CV
£30k - £35k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual