Senior Stress Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary & Package: Highly Competitive Basic Salary + Industry Leading Benefits Package.
Are you an expert in Static and Fatigue Stress Analysis? Are you looking for a new challenging project to work on? Would you like to be a part of a company that is experiencing extensive international growth? The company are a global engineering business supplying bespoke engineered products and engineered solutions to some of the largest manufacturing companies and defence contractors worldwide.
With a UK based Head Office, they have been trading for over 120 years and has over 1000 staff members worldwide working across 20 global sites. There are manufacturing facilities on every continent. The company focuses on industrial rotating equipment and drive units supplying every major sector. The company is going through sustained growth and offers an excellent career opportunity to work on new and exciting projects.
Acting under the direction of the Chief Engineer you will work flexibly within the Engineering team providing detailed analytical engineering support to project engineering teams. Working on a long-term project with a global key client you will provide on the job and occasionally classroom style training in analytical techniques associated with mechanical and hydromechanical transmission systems. You will ensure that assigned project product designs meet the required level of integrity whilst co-ordinating analysis. This is to include skills and tools/process development as necessary.
You will be responsible for:
* Perform static and fatigue stress analysis using analytical and semi-empirical techniques.
* FE analysis and critique.
* Utilise Excel and Mathcad for automation of stress and performance calculations.
* Perform stress analysis of shafts, couplings, clutches, brakes, hydraulic steer units, torque converters and gears in general.
* Carry out lateral and torsional stability analysis of shafts.
* Perform simulation analysis of tracked vehicles, including acceleration and steer performance.
* Knowledge transfer to Client Engineering staff in context of assigned projects.
* Document checking/signoff as required.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a stress engineer or structural analyst.
* In depth knowledge of structural analysis techniques, including fatigue analysis to the level required for component certification by outside bodies.
* In depth knowledge and hands on experience of the use of FEA software – the ability to critically review analysis work and correct where necessary.
* Ability to perform complex hand calculations from first principles.
* Skilled in using Excel for automating stress calculations.
Preferred, (but not essential) Requirements:
* Knowledge of defence platform requirements.
* Experience using Romax, Abaqus, Catia V5 or AMESim.
* Knowledge of relevant industry standards and design protocols (ISO, AGMA, DIN, FKM, DNV for example).
* Knowledge of rotordynamic analysis.
* Knowledge of gearbox system analysis.
* Awareness of validation and testing methods.
* Knowledge of materials and heat treatment methodologies
£18k - £25k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual