Finance Director - J1833
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are currently working with an outstanding charity based in Bournemouth. An opportunity has arisen to join their hardworking, passionate and dynamic team as the Finance Director.
The main purpose of the role is to develop systems and processes that provide effective financial management for the Charity.
The main purpose of the role:
* Responsibility for managing and developing IT strategy, GDPR Compliance, Property plan, Pension and Investments, Risk management, Health and Safety and Financial policies and procedures.
* With the CEO, ensure that the Finance and Audit committee and through them the board of trustees are kept abreast of developments and consulted appropriately on all relevant matters
* Manage and support relevant committees
* Fulfil the role of Company Secretary to ensure compliance.
Business Plans and budgets:
1. Participate in developing and implementing a strategic plan that supports the Charity’s vision and goals through provision of budget, cash flow and balance sheet projections.
2. Translates the strategic plan to staff to ensure support; modifies the plan in response to changing internal and external factors.
3. Provides of robust financial and other key performance management information to competitive strengths and manage vulnerabilities.
4. Manage Charity facilities including property and IT.
5. Ensure that the charity stays up to date with IT capabilities through a considered technology strategy balancing costs and benefits
1. Safeguards and promotes the Charity’s vision, values and mission.
2. Builds and maintains a departmental function, operating standards and practices that are responsive and adaptable to evolving business needs and to internal and external customers.
3. Develops and implements a talent plan for the areas of responsibility, to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time to meet the strategic needs of the Charity.
4. Manages performance by establishing clear goals and expectations, tracking progress, ensuring timely feedback, and addressing performance issues promptly.
1. Establishes and coordinates an adequate structure for the delivery of effective and efficient administrative operations (e.g. Payroll, Sales and Income Management, Purchase Ledger and Procurement, Pensions and Investments, IT and GDPR Compliance and Risk Register)
2. Participates in formulating and administering Charity finance policies and procedures and acts as the lead in their enforcement.
3. Direct the functions of budgeting, accounting, reporting, risk management (including GDPR compliance), health and safety and IT
4. Appraise the CEO and leadership team of the operating results in terms of costs, budget, operating policies, trends, etc. offering considered options for action.
5. Work closely with the Chairman of the Finance and Audit Committee ( and Treasurer when appointed)
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
* A Master’s degree level in Finance; ( CIMA)
* Extensive experience of leading a diverse group of support functions
* Previous experience in the role of FD preferred.
* Change or project management qualification – preferred
The RSE Group aim to respond to all applications personally. However, due to the high number of applications we receive, we regret this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 14 days of your application, please be advised that you have not been successful in this instance. Please note the RSE Group Privacy Notice is available on our website. A paper copy is available upon request
£25k - £30k Annual
£49 - £50 Hourly