Senior Planning Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Project Controls Group Head, the Planning Engineer is responsible for providing planning support to the EDF Energy Generation work portfolio. The main focus will be to work with Project Managers to develop & manage schedules to incorporate risk, change, resource requirements and cost in accordance with EDF Energy Generation Company requirements and standards. The Planning Engineer will create plans for the full project lifecycle including development and design.
• Develop, control, monitor, analyse and report on schedule related aspects for designated projects within a Portfolio.
• Establish and monitor a cost and resource loaded, logic linked, baseline plan for the project in accordance with CTO Programme Office processes.
• Capture project budgetary costs and resources in the plan to determine time phasing of expenditure and the total project budget.
• Establish robust Work Breakdown and Project Control Structures in terms of project scope, in accordance with Investment Delivery processes, templates and Procedures.
• Work with the Project Manager and the Project team to establish the project activities, cost and durations and ensure that these reflect project scope, constraints and commitments. Challenge as necessary to ensure compatibility and compliance.
• Interface with other departments regarding the project’s activities which may have an impact and ensure these are correctly captured.
• Facilitate acceptance of and ensure that the project plan embraces the full project work scope, is fit for purpose and is achievable. This to be done in collaboration with the Project Manager and the project’s Key Team Members / Task Managers.
• Ensure that any necessary planning interface with the site Work Management Process (WMP) is established.
• Maintain and control project baselines in line with company procedures and guidance.
• Support the EDF Energy business planning process.
• Ensure the reasons for, and the factors influencing each change to the project’s baseline plan plus the implications of such change are understood and communicated with the wider project team.
• Liaise with project team members and contractors with regards to progress and cost forecasting.
• Monitor, control and analyse the project programme and cost information using Earned Value methodologies, identify variances and bring these to the attention of the Project Manager with possible alternatives, prepare specific reports to facilitate challenge and analysis to meet the project’s specific needs.
• Challenging schedule and cost variances against the baseline plan with individual task leaders/contractors and or outside stakeholder management as necessary to enable mitigation.
• Integrate 3rd party schedules and data into the overall project plan.
• Contribute to progress meetings, as required, in support of the Project Manager.
• Regular interfacing and integration with the project controls team to maintain an aligned financial position with the Project Plan.
• Contribute to the drafting and updating of Project Documents (PDD, IRM papers etc.) to ensure that they contains the project scope of work, KPI’s, payment milestones and the methodology for controlling the project schedule, costs and variances etc.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Appropriate training and good working knowledge of the latest version of Primavera.
• Understand the inter-relationship between time, cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
• Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in an Engineering discipline or relevant experience.
• Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
• Working knowledge of relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• Relevant experience in Project Controls and/or Project Delivery, preferably in a highly regulated environment
• Evidence of strong engineering background, ideally within a safety/regulated environment.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application