ICT Technical Service Desk Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Liverpool- Vestry Road
Type of Job: Permanent
Ref No: V7205
Fantastic opportunity to join a customer focused ICT Service Desk supporting the Emergency Services Sector. Suitable for those who are experienced service desk engineers or someone looking to break in to that field who has a solid grounding with IT Systems.
The role will require a strong grounding in ICT Service support adhering to ITIL. It will include troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills based background using various diagnostic tools. In addition, strong inter-personal skills are required to guide customers (both internal and external) through situations (over the phone as well as face-to-face), providing resolution to incidents and ultimately reach customer satisfaction. This may often be under challenging conditions. Communication is a key skill to enable the management of faults through incident, change and problem management.
* To be part of the Service Desk function, being the first point of contact for our Customers, logging incoming incidents and service requests on the service management system, Remedy.
* Provide 1st line technical support and resolutions.
* Provided end to end ownership of all incidents and service requests.
* To work within strict SLA's and KPI's.
* Liaise with suppliers to ensure resolution to agreed SLA's and standards.
* Work within the framework and guidelines of ITIL processes and policies, ensuring alignment to best practice.
* To ensure a consistent excellent level of service is provided and support any necessary changes to improve the delivery of service to Customers.
* Must be prepared to work a variety of shift patterns.
* 1-2 years experience of call centre, helpdesk, service desk or other telephone based service function, using applications to log and monitor support information.
* Experience of working with command and control systems.
* Experience of supporting Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, bespoke applications.
* Proved trouble shooting skills. within a service driven environment
* Experience with remote access technologies.
* ITIL Foundation
* ITIL Practitioner
* Any module depth of experience may be taken into account where these qualifications have not been attained.
* Ability to be Security cleared
* Experience of working in a busy environment, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
* Excellent Customer service skills.
* Pleasant, confident and professional telephone manner.
* Communication skills, listening, written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical details to non technical Customers.
* Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
* Ability to improve on current skill set and keep up to date with relevant technologies.
Excellent Employee Benefits:
telent is committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
* Telent Rewards Scheme
So why choose telent for your next opportunity?
* To build, run and maintain a successful network, you need a connected approach – a team you can trust from strategy to support, and everything in between. At telent, this is what we do!
* As part of our team, you could be working with some of the biggest names in the Traffic, Rail, Public Safety, Defence and Service Provider sectors including London Underground, Network Rail, Transport for London, RNLI, MOD and Virgin Media. You’ll help us ensure the most important messages get through – however tough the conditions.
* Here are just some of the ways we’re different:
* You’ll go further with us. We understand the importance of career development and will give you all the support you need to realise your potential. You’ll receive formal training, e-learning and mentoring from top professionals. And we offer opportunities to transfer to other sectors – or even different technology areas.
* You’ll make a difference. You could be working outdoors, battling the elements, or in one of our many offices helping us develop the network infrastructures of tomorrow.
* You’ll be treated as an individual. We’re not a vast corporation, which means every individual counts. With us, you’ll be valued and supported, involved and empowered from day one.
* You’ll be well rewarded. We offer salary progression that reflects market rates and personal performance, a flexible working environment and excellent training.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion