Powder Coater / Paint Sprayer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Contract type: Temp - Perm / Perm
Salary: £9.78 - £10.82 + Benefits
Location: Stonebridge, Milton Keynes
Main Purpose of Job:
Hands on role powder coating a range of chassis and ancillary components/materials.
Main Tasks of Job:
• Interpreting technical & safety data sheets to ensure correct coverage and gloss level
• Powdering direct to bare metal and to undercoat components to achieve Right First Time'
• Understanding powder gun functions & able to strip down and re-assemble;
• Setting up powder guns and equipment to compensate for different type of surface (bare metal/
• Completing various planned Maintenance tasks on all Powder Coat/Preparation equipment;
• Achieving high quality standards on both small jigged components to complex larger chassis';
• Maintain a clean environment within the department;
• Use correct/defined consumables for preparation & sanding of metal components before
powder application. Skilled in masking & reworking powder coated parts;
• Booking on/off jobs, filling out timesheets, quality check sheets & labels correctly;
• Identifying material surface defects on parts prior powder and repairing using adequate
• Masking, final powder preparation, handling parts on and off powder runways. Moving of
chassis parts in and out of powder ovens.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks
as necessitated by your changing role and the organisation's overall business objectives.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience in powder coating to understand the effects of poor preparation and/or poor
powder application can have in terms of inconsistent film thickness, gloss levels, orange peel
appearance & colour variations;
• An appreciation of the Health & Safety hazards within a paint shop, specifically flammable
liquids. Experienced in using & maintaining air fed respiratory equipment;
• Experience of operating within a lean manufacturing/continuous improvement team
• Experience of wet interzinc primer using airless, air assisted and hvlp systems. Preferably
within manufacturing or car industry;
• Preferably of industrial powder coating.
• Committed team player with emphasis on flexibility, productivity and be focused on
• Must be prepared to work regular overtime;
• High attention to detail;
• Understanding the effects poor maintenance of powder equipment can have on quality.
To register your interest in the role, please send your CV to the email address shown, or call (phone number removed)
£30 - £40 Hourly
£24k - £35k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual