Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
To be successful as a senior design engineer you should ideally hold a degree or equivalent in a engineering discipline. Possess proven commercial experience as a mechanical design or mechanical engineer and be able to demonstrate skills in the design of automated electro-mechanical assemblies.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Working within a dedicated and enthusiastic team the role will be directly involved in both the design of new electro-mechanical instrumentation and the development of existing instruments.
* Involvement will be from conception to final hand-over to the manufacturing area with project ownership throughout the process.
* Involved with all aspects of the business and in particular the production and drawing office teams.
* Generation of design specifications, project briefs and project plans suitable for presentation to the management team.
* Skilled in identifying simple but effective solutions which lead to strong design for manufacture.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
* Proven commercial experience as a mechanical design / mechanical engineer ideally within a specialist, technical environment.
* Ability to demonstrate skills in the design of automated electro-mechanical assemblies.
* Experience with some of the following technologies:
* Solid state and minaturised heating / cooling technologies,
* Optical measurement technologies,
* Precision temperature control systems
* Position control systems
* An understanding of engineering calculations and analysis.
* First class communication skills with demonstrable ability to liaise with suppliers to ensure designs are cost effective and can be manufactured.
* Solidworks & CAD expertise
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits - 25 Days Holiday + Banks – Company Pension Contribution
If you are an experienced design engineer and feel you have the skills required for this role please contact Lewis at Cranleigh Scientific with your CV
£30k - £37k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual