Commercial Business Partner (New Business, Commercial, IT)
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
An expanding FTSE 100 organisation in IT Solutions and IoT Programmes are looking to hire a talented Commercial Business Partner (New Business, Commercial, IT) to join their growing commercial team in London.
The Commercial Business Partner (New Business, Commercial, IT) will be involved in the delivery of several Programmes within the Portfolio. Driven and focused, the main programme you would be initially responsible for is the Smart Metering Programme which main aim is to enable easier switching for customers with SMETS1 smart meters.
Responsibilities for the Commercial Business Partner (New Business, Commercial, IT)
* Support the negotiation of all external contracts required on behalf of the SMETS1 and Switching programmes within the agreed timescales.
* Assist with the delivery the Commercial Strategy on behalf of New Programmes and Products yet to be developed alongside the internal stakeholder.
* Develop commercial relationships, negotiate and contract with key service providers to each programme including meter manufacturers, telecommunications providers and data services and software providers.
* As a member of the wider Commercial team, ensure that new service provider contracts are satisfactorily handed onto the relevant Contract Manager.
* Where required liaise with sponsors through regular programme governance activities to ensure that as a key stakeholder they support the approach to supply chain development and management of the Commercial Strategy.
* Ensure financial KPIs are clearly defined and incorporated into commercial modelling to support both the company and SPs, providing economic and effective transparency required for Price Control.
Experience needed for the Commercial Business Partner (New Business, Commercial, IT)
* Experience in public sector commercial negotiations desirable
* Experience of supply chain management, commercial negotiations, procurement, account management and cost optimisation gained in public/private ventures
* Skilled negotiator with a proven track record gained in achieving success in complex negotiations.
* Strong analytical skills and exemplary communication skills.
* Strong working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall programme management solutions.
* Deep knowledge of technology, telecoms and energy industries and experience of major programme delivery