Product Quality Engineer - 12 month FTC
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are looking for a Product Quality Engineer to join the quality team in our clients fantastic offices in Southampton. This position is responsible for ensuring the co-ordinated investigation of client Returns, Complaints, Recalls and Feedback from our customers in your market. In addition, you will be responsible for the prompt communication associated with the product investigations and subsequent actions arising to protect company customers' and reputation.
So what does this look like day to day?
* Ensuring rapid response to WFS (withdrawal from sale) and other significant time/business critical situations ensuring suitable containment of risk to business.
* Obtaining correct information and/or the product return, investigate issues thoroughly and in a timely manner, sharing information with relevant parties and seeking advice from experts where necessary.
* Manage relationships with external parties, e.g. appropriate independent laboratories/ consultancies.
* Produce concise and clear incident reports within the agreed timelines.
* Support development of investigation and risk assessment methods/standard operating procedures, working with group colleagues to ensure best practice is shared.
* Produce clear risk assessments using the approved model where required.
* Support activity to notify and execute the Operating Companies responses to investigation outputs such as Withdrawal from Sale (WFS) or Recalls.
* Seek out corrective actions/product improvements related to incidents as required and follow up to ensure implementation with Feedback Analysts, Sourcing Offices, Specification Engineers and Process Engineers.
* Use expertise to process and respond to other technical and aftersales support queries concisely and clearly (from all parties) in a timely manner.
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure OpCo compliance to local policies, laws and their updates relating to products.
* As required, at operating company level, support BAU needs, Sustainability / Net Positive reporting and Trade Survey testing programmes of products once on the market
Experience To carry out this role you will ideally come from a strong engineering background ideally with a broad spectrum of industry knowledge. You will be able to ensure a measured approach to incidents, and able to conduct investigations in a thorough, but rapid and professional manner. This role requires an immaculate attention to detail, with a real passion for both customers and products.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
£18k - £40k Annual
£16k - £18k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual