2 x Multi Skilled Engineer -Electrical Bias (Continental Shift)
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a highly successful and growing business, who have a longstanding history in the local area and a great reputation for offering a stable work environment. With 7 sites across the UK our client is dedicated to offering ongoing development opportunities for training and progression within the business.
The ideal candidates will have previous experience/understanding of working within a FMCG position previously or within a food manufacturing environment.
To conduct Total Preventative Maintenance to site plant, machinery and buildings. Provide diagnostic skills to establish root cause of plant/machinery failure, subsequent rectification and process improvements across all skill areas.
1. Responsible for maintenance for all site plant, machinery and buildings in line with required standards through effective application of the Total Preventative Maintenance system.
2. Ensure that all breakdowns/repairs relating to plant and equipment are repaired swiftly and effectively to minimise production downtime. Advise Engineering and Production Team Leader of any shortcomings with the equipment after the work has been completed.
3. Provide practical solutions to improve the safety and effectiveness of machinery to maximise
4. Identify potential continuous improvements with regards to process equipment and highlight them to the Engineering Manager and Self Managed Teams.
5. Liaise with Stores Administrator regarding stock replenishment and investigating any abnormalities with regards persistent replacement of parts to a particular machine. Evaluate solutions and implement improvements.
6. Accurately record all maintenance work carried out in line with Customer and BRC standards - clearly record corrective actions taken and report any ongoing issues not resolved to the Engineering Manager.
7. Responsible for the Installation and movement of machinery and related plant; commission and hand over to Production ensuring all relevant standards, regulations are met and the efficiency of Production is not affected.
8. Work in a safe manner, and ensure that no work is carried out which is beyond skill and
competence which could result in a risk to self and others. Adhere to all company health & safety rules, procedures and COSHH regulations.
9. Promote teamwork through commitment, flexibility and clear communication.
10. Liaise with contractors to ensure compliance of site rules and monitor contractors performance advising Engineering Manager of any shortfalls.
11. Mentor Engineering Apprentices in Total Preventative Maintenance, passing on knowledge, skills, techniques and giving feedback to Apprentice and Engineering Manager.
12. Support and deputise Engineering Manager with other reasonable additional duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems and machine controls desirable along with a City & Guilds Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Systems or NVQ Level 3 minimum OR ONC/HNC BTEC in Electrical/Electronics would be a distinct advantage
- Time-Served Multi-Skilled Apprenticeship
17th Edition Wiring Regulations is essential
In return our client offers a competitive local salary of £30000-£35000, working a 4 on 4 off continental shift pattern.
5.6 weeks holiday per year
Competitive Contributory Pension
Life Assurance Scheme funded by the Company
Ongoing training opportunities
For more information on this role, please contact Ellen Dalena - Just Recruitment - Sudbury Office
£26k - £28k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£35k - £35k Annual
£20k - £23k Annual