Embedded Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client is a manufacturer of single board computer products, all products are designed in house and use leading edge microprocessors and peripheral components. They work with high profile defence and aerospace customers on an international basis. They are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join their successful company.
• Work on BSPs for cutting edge Intel processor based boards.
• Design and development of middleware, system and device driver software for many standard operating systems.
• Working with our hardware designers during the design phase to specify the product, and again during the proving phase to validate the product.
• Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
• Develop test software and procedures.
• Very proficient in Embedded C.
• In-depth knowledge and hands on experience writing real time device drivers for Linux or similar operating system.
• In-depth knowledge of either ARM, PowerPC, x86 or other large CPU architecture.
• Good appreciation of hardware.
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
• VMware configuration and deployment.
• High-speed Ethernet networking protocols and infrastructure.
• Programming for parallel processor architectures.
• Web-based user interfaces.
Salary: to £50,000
Key Skills: Software, Embedded, Linux, Microprocessors, X86, PowerPC, Hardware, Interfaces
Location: Colchester, Essex
Electus Recruitment Solutions provides specialist engineering and technical recruitment solutions to a number of high technology industries. We thank you for your interest in this vacancy. If you don't hear from us within 7 working days please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. You are of course free to resubmit your CV/details in the future and we shall assess your suitability at that time.
Electus Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
£26k - £56k Annual
£30k - £55k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual