Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Engineer to join an established global manufacturer based in Cardiff. The Diesel Fitter/Engineer role has become available due to the new side of the business exceeding expectations.
This role will involve reporting to the depot Senior Engineer, along with mechanical and electrical engineering tasks in the depot and out in the field.
The ideal candidate will have been trained by or worked with an engine manufacturer (CAT/Perkins/Volvo/JCB). The prime movers are used to drive large water pumps. These water pumps will be part of the remit also. Training will be provided if required for the pump end.
In this role, the Mechanical/Electrical Engineer will:
• Comply with health safety and environmental legislative requirements.
• Ensure risk assessments & method statements have been utilised.
• Plan and coordinate the work in an efficient manner.
• Liaise with customers.
• Undertake repairs for the diesel driven pump fleet.
• Fault finding throughout the mechanical/electrical process.
• Assist with keeping our new fleet in a world class condition.
• Prioritise and efficiently manage all mechanical engineering works to ensure that
the customer has best service and reliability, with minimum down time.
• Provide assistance with spares ordering.
• Provide technical support to the customer and other engineers with the company.
• Be part of a callout rota.
• Check drawings, designs, materials and equipment for conformity with project
• Manage the maintenance planning and daily project inquiries.
The successful applicant will have:
• A qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
• Experience with large diesel engines, preferred OEM trained.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Beneficial to have strong planning skills.
• The ability to work unaided and as part of an engineering team.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to stay on task.
• Full driving licence.
• Ideally HNC or City & Guilds in an engineering discipline.
• Mechanical bias with electrical knowledge.
• Manufacturers’ in-house qualifications will be accepted.
• Any industry qualifications i.e. Quarry passport and CSCS card.
• Monday to Friday 08.00 – 17.00 (1 hour lunch)
• On call rota 1 in 4: Weekday evenings and Friday 5pm – Monday 8am. Overtime rates
• Company machinery is only 5years old therefore callouts are minimal.
• Competitive basic salary & benefits.
• Company vehicle.
• Laptop and Phone.
• Uniform and PPE.
Holidays 20 plus bank holidays rising to 25 days after 2 years.
To apply, please send an up to date CV
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
£35k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£20.5 - £20.5 Hourly