IT Support Desk Technician
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be required to answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to our internal customers to solve their issues.
An excellent IT Support technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
* Service as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, IM or F2F.
* Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
* Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
* Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
* Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
* Provide accurate information on IT products or services
* Records events and problems and their resolution in logs
* Follow-up and update customer status information
* Pass on any feedback or suggestion by customers to the appropriate internal team
* Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
Essential Knowledge, Skill and Experience
* At least 2 years’ experience in IT support
* Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, service desk and desktop support.
* Good understanding of computer systems, PC’s, mobile devices and other tech products
* Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues with a first contact expected fix rate of 60%
* Proficiency in English, a second European language and/or Japanese would be advantageous
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer Service Skills
* Good Documentation Skills
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK
£25k - £25k Annual
£44.6k - £44.6k Annual