SQL Server Support Engineer
Posted on Jun 10, 2019 by CV-Library
A global powerhouse within the technology industry is looking for a SQL Server Support Engineer to join their team in Reading on an initial 6-9 month contract, supporting their Premier Customers with SQL Server.
* Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability and teamwork.
* Act as a technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
* Manage crisis situations that may involve technically challenging issues and diverse audiences while ensuring High customer satisfaction.
* Own and resolve technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues.
* Use trace analysis, debug skills and other proprietary tools, to analyse problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, while working with diverse audiences including highly technical IT professionals, developers, architects, and executive management.
We are looking for people who:
* Enjoy providing the highest level of customer experience;
* Are smart and intellectually curious;
* Seek a challenging work experience;
* Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field;
* Enjoy working at a growth company with advancement opportunities;
* Can work hard while having fun; and act in an honest and ethical manner; possess strong organisational, time management and negotiation skills;
* Working knowledge of German and/or French on top of English (verbal and written) language is a very strong asset
The ideal candidate will be required to have a technical Degree or adequate practical background (5 years) on the following technologies:
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2014 / 2016 at administrative level (Installation, index and table maintenance, backups etc.)
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 / 2014 /SQL 2016 at dev level (SQL language, Stored Procedures, etc.)
* Strong knowledge of SQL server high availability solution mirroring, always on and log shipping
* Good Windows Operating System background on Threads, Processes and Memory Management (Heap, Stack, Virtual Memory)
* Strong knowledge related to any other relational DB (e.g. Oracle) running in a Windows or Linux environment is very much appreciated
* Additional skills on one of the following technologies will be considered a big plus
* Azure Core Platform (compute/IaaS VM, azure Storage, azure Networking)
* Azure disk and VM throttling
* PaaS / IaaS experience (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
* Windows Clustering
* Debugging / Creating and Reading Memory Dumps
* Good Knowledge of .Net Framework
* Delivering support for customers
* SQL server solutions
* Highly complex infrastructure for large customers
* DBA experience/consultant
* SQL developers
* 3-5 years minimum experience with SQL server as DBA or a consultant
* Experience working with large multinational customers
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK
£490 - £500 Daily